Three important steps toward a safe car purchase:
Some important points that you may, as a car buyer be aware of:
We have enclosed an overview of the important steps to take, to have a problem free, safe and secure car deal in Afghanistan.
- Research about the car
- Evaluation of the desired car
- Payment and transfer
Research about the car
- You should not buy a vehicle that you have not tested or investigated. It is noteworthy that before making a purchase, you must ensure the technical condition and documentation of your desired vehicle.
- If you do not have enough technical knowledge about the car models, it is advisable, before making any purchases, to ask a trusted person to help you up to choose a car that meets your requirements or try to find out about the malfunction of the same vehicles by accessing the Internet.
- Also make sure that your vehicle is registered with the official authorities (traffic department, customs, etc.), and the car engine number, chassis and plate number stated in all documents and with the authorities.
- in order to avoid a pricey and uneconomical transaction, investigate the current price range at the market prior to discussing the price of the car with the particular dealer or the car owner.
Evaluation of the desired car
We suggest buying with open eye and mind! It is difficult to assess the quality of a particular car, but to some extent it should be evaluated.
- After test drive and primary evaluation of a car, you may suggest, ‘’ I would like to purchase your car with agreed price after a professional mechanic tests the vehicle and if there will be no defects or failure other than previously stated.”
- Therefore, we always recommend, if you are not a professional in identifying technical problems with cars, it’s best to test the vehicle you want, by a trusted professional and take a technical examination, in order to avoid endangering your and others lives and to use your money in a fair deal.
At the same time, there are a number of things you can check out yourself and know:
External and technical items
- Is the car in the condition you are looking for? How is the color, doors, tires and other external parties of the car?
- Do all the lights work? Long and short headlights, pointers and hazard lights, rear rights, fog lights, brake lights, and so on…
- Are the doors and door locks of the car rustles? Also, keep in mind to look under the car for rust and whether there are fat stains there, and if so, it reflects a complications or sign that it will soon need some repairs.
- Are the suspensions (jumpers) look good?
- Does the Air condition work properly?
- Does the power generator (dynamo) provide enough power to the car? To check that, while the car is turned on, turn on all the lights and air conditioning, and then disconnect the car battery.
Interior and other items related to the car:
- Has the car’s permit been extended, and does the chassis number and the engine number matches with the permit? Remember that the chassis of the car located in different parts of the car body that they all are the same. For example, we have shown the possible points of the Vehicle Identification Number VIN for the Toyota corolla in the following diagram. For other models and brands, search the internet to locate the VIN locations.
- Are safety features such as seat belts, airbags, handbrake work properly?
- Are the sound system and loudspeakers playing properly?
- Are the seat warmers, air conditioners and other types of temperature control working properly?
- Other accessories such as electronic mirrors, sunroof, parking sensors, central locking, windshields, etc. are OK?
- Does the car shake at high speed when you drive it (does it loses its balance) or not?
- Does the car move smoothly and seamlessly at any speed and gear transmission?
- Does the car brake work easily on both sides without pulling the car to either one side or the other?
- Is the clutch smooth, and there is no shallowness?
Tires must have a minimum of 1.6 millimeters of depth on sides. We recommend 3 mm in summer tires and 4 mm in winter tires. Click here for winter and summer tires differences.
We recommend that you act as a buyer as follows:
- Make sure that during the deal the vehicle documentation is in your control.
- The seller must have the original permit with all the keys of the car.
- We advise you to use the official contract paper and confirm that all warranties and conditions of sale are incorporated.
- Also, before signing the contract, be sure of the technical and legal issues of the car and then sign the contract. This means that after signing the contract, you are responsible for any problems and vehicle damage or the criminal and legal issues relating to the particular vehicle from the date of the contract.
- Finally, we advise you to pay the car purchase sum by transferring to the seller’s account and make sure you get the bank transfer document, the car, keys, documents (permits) and a vehicle purchase document.
The www.cars.af team